C++ compiler errors don't show when needed

C++ compiler errors don't show when needed

de Gabe Johnson -
Número de respuestas: 2

Hi,

I've just built a C++ exam where a couple of questions revolve around debugging. The answer box is pre-populated with a buggy function and they are asked to fix the bugs until it passes the tests.

When I edit the question and use the 'Preview' link, the question behaves as expected. Compiler errors are shown.

However when I view the exam itself (ie not editing a specific question) and use the 'Preview' menu option, no compiler errors are shown.

Is there a reason why there would be a discrepancy between edit-question-preview and exam-preview?

En respuesta a Gabe Johnson

Re: C++ compiler errors don't show when needed

de Richard Lobb -

The Review Options for the quiz itself and the Review Options when you're previewing a particular question are (somewhat) independent. The default settings for the Review Options within a quiz are set when the quiz is first created and depend on the "How questions behave" setting. You should generally set that to "Adaptive Mode" for CodeRunner quizzes.

If the quiz has been created with the wrong mode, you can fix the problem by setting the quiz's Review Options to show Specific Feedback and Marks during the attempt.

Richard