jobe not compatible with php 7.2?

Re: jobe not compatible with php 7.2?

von Richard Lobb -
Anzahl Antworten: 1

Thanks for the heads up on this Martin, and the workarounds.

I haven't had time to look into it yet. I did quickly try building JobeInABox on Ubuntu-18 but had other issues. 

I'm not sure exactly what php-mcrypt is doing there, but I suspect it was required by the API-KEY functionality in the Code Igniter framework I use for Jobe. Have you tried your new server with API keys?

I'll look into all this when I next have some free time,  hopefully at the end of our current term (4 weeks away).

Thanks again

Richard

Als Antwort auf Richard Lobb

Re: jobe not compatible with php 7.2?

von Richard Lobb -

Hi Martin

I just fired up Jobe on an Ubuntu 18.04 system. The only change I needed to make to the install instructions was to drop php-mcrypt from the dependency list, as you said. I also updated the version of Java that I installed, but I don't think that was necessary. I didn't need to make any of the other changes, so perhaps your Ubuntu 18.04 system was different from mine? I used a Digital Ocean Ubuntu 18.04 out-of-the-box server as a starting point.

I think the mycrpt library is needed for API-key authentication so that functionality currently doesn't work on Ubuntu 18.04.

testsubmit.py needed to be updated to handle the most recent version of pylint3, which insists on announcing what config file is using.

I've documented all this, and updated testsubmit.py, in the development branch of Jobe. I'll merge it back into master when I've done a bit more testing.

Thanks for providing the motivation.

Richard