Problem with Jobe Server

Re: Problem with Jobe Server

por Padmanabhan Rajan -
Número de respuestas: 2
Hi Richard and others,

I have been having the same problem as given in this thread for the past few days. This is my second Coderunner setup: the first one did not have this issue. Maybe the version of the operating system (ubuntu 18 i think) has something to do with it as well.
Anyway, the solution proposed by Richard above did not work for me. After some googling, I found a hack:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52026652/openblas-blas-thread-init-pthread-create-resource-temporarily-unavailable

Basically, we need to add the following in the code:

import os

os.environ['OPENBLAS_NUM_THREADS'] = '1'

before

import numpy as np

I added this both in the model solution on Coderunner, and the student submission as well. This hack seems to work, and I dont get the segmentation fault anymore.
It probably has to do something with the operating environment where Coderunner is installed. Hope this helps!

Regards
Padmanabhan
IIT Mandi, India
En respuesta a Padmanabhan Rajan

por Richard Lobb -

Belated thanks, Padmanabhan. Could be useful to anyone for whom increasing numprocs doesn't work (though I don't really understand why not).

Richard

En respuesta a Richard Lobb

por Richard Lobb -

I just got the same error myself, where increasing numprocs didn't work. It turned out that the task wasn't actually running out of processes or threads at all; rather, it was running out of memory while creating new worker threads. So the error message was rather a red herring. Just increasing the memory limit solved it.