An unexpected error occurred. The sandbox may be down. Try again shortly.

de MohammedAzim Shaikh -
Número de respuestas: 3

Hi! After installing Code Runner to the new live production site, I got an error as follows.

Also, I haven't altered any settings. I just copied the default settings. Can anyone please help me?

Also, when I run Support scripts and use bulk tester scripts, I face these errors

System category with no sample answers

is there any version problem?

En respuesta a MohammedAzim Shaikh

Re: An unexpected error occurred. The sandbox may be down. Try again shortly.

de Richard Lobb -
Thank your for the well-documented problem report.

The good news is that mostly your system is working fine, though there are a couple of things happening that I don't fully understand.

It seems you're testing only with the set of questions provided in the file python3demoquizquestions.xml in the samples folder. That's a bit problematic as many of them use the now very old python3_cosc121 question type, the prototype for which is included in the xml file. It is highly significant that the questions that fail in your bulk tester run are exactly the ones using the python3_cosc121 question type while all the ones that pass are just using the out-of-the-box python3 question type.

I don't entirely understand why you're getting a sandbox error on those questions. It's a very complex question type and it uses pylint to do style checking. It also demands the use of python3.8 (which is bad - it should use whichever version of python3 is configured by the config file on the jobe server). So it certainly could give rise to sandbox errors if there is a mismatch between the style-checker requirements in the question type and the Jobe server configuration. That said, those questions work OK for me when I switch to the default jobe2.cosc server. Is it possible you've edited the prototype for the python3_cosc121 question type?

Regardless of the above, I think your system seems to be working fine. Just don't use the python3_cosc121 question type!

Sorry about the problems - I'll put upgrading of those sample questions on my todo list.

Richard
En respuesta a Richard Lobb

Re: An unexpected error occurred. The sandbox may be down. Try again shortly.

de MohammedAzim Shaikh -

Great, thanks so much.

Also I tried to uninstall the Code Runner fully from the system. I searched the uninstallation topics in forums and found that found that it's not any uninstall button in the plugin overview.

So I followed the steps to remove manually from directories as well as Phpmyadmin database, still cold runner appears in plugins list with 'missing from disc' label. 

Finally I have to upgrade my model code and finally it is appeared I would request you to please include an uninstall function to the code runner plugin in future versions. So incase of any failure we can totally remove and install it again.