Python3 with ortools

Python3 with ortools

por ALYSSON FILIPE -
Número de respuestas: 3

Hello everyone,

Has anyone managed to run OR-Tools for Python with coderunner?

I installed it in the jobe sandbox. Running directly in the container, it's ok, but running from the moodle plugin, it gives an error:

Ex:

from ortools.linear_solver import pywaplp

TestExpectedGot
print (sqr(-5))
***Error***
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "__tester__.python3", line 1, in <module>
    from ortools.linear_solver import pywaplp
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'ortools'

Thanks,

En respuesta a ALYSSON FILIPE

Re: Python3 with ortools

por Richard Lobb -

It sounds like the ortools module has been installed in the wrong context, e.g. for a specific user rather than globally, or installed in python2 rather than python3 or installed using the wrong virtual environment, or ... the list goes on. For a cartoon on the chaos that can arise, see https://xkcd.com/1987/

I see that the OR tools page says to install it with

python -m pip install --upgrade --user ortools

However, that won't work because it will install the module only for the current user (root?), and the various job-runner processes jobe0, jobe1, jobe2 etc won't be able to use it

If you haven't already installed a lot of other modules using the apt package manager, and have only one version of python3 installed, the following should work:

sudo -H python3 -m pip install ortools

But if you've installed modules using  apt rather than pip, conflicts can arise.

En respuesta a Richard Lobb

por ALYSSON FILIPE -

Hi Richard,

I install using "python3 -m pip install --upgrade --user ortools" on the Dockerfile and building a new image of docker container.

But in fact it is not available in the context of the user jobe, who executes the code from the plugin.

En respuesta a ALYSSON FILIPE

por Richard Lobb -

I think the problem is with the --user option, which installs modules for use only by the current user running the command. This makes them unavailable to the jobe user. Try the command without the '--user'.