SQL CRUD

SQL CRUD

por Mathews Asare -
Número de respuestas: 3

I am working on SQL statements that ask the student to  Edit/Update and Delete.

But only select statements work fine,  Update and Delete do not work with database file attached.

Could you suggest any possible solutions to this problem.

En respuesta a Mathews Asare

Re: SQL CRUD

por Richard Lobb -
I'm no database expert but if no one else replies ... the error message refers to a latin1_general_ci collation sequence which is ASCII, case insensitive. But in web contexts you're using a UTF-8 charset. So ... where did your database file come from? Was it perhaps exported from some other database app or built from an SQL file that explicitly specifies the collation sequence?
En respuesta a Richard Lobb

por Mathews Asare -
Thank you very much for your response.
Yes, I exported the database from an SQL app and as far as i know that application uses UTF-8 charset. I would be glad ,if you could share on any idea on how to fix this problem.
Thank you .
En respuesta a Mathews Asare

por Richard Lobb -
I suggest you try manipulating your database directly in sqlite3, without using CodeRunner; I think you'll find that you have the same problems. In which case, this isn't really a CodeRunner-related question.

This link might help? Otherwise, I suggest you either build yourself a new database from scratch rather than importing one. Or post your question on an sqlite forum.