SQL CRUD

SQL CRUD

de către Mathews Asare-
Număr de răspunsuri: 3

I am working on SQL statements that ask the student to  Edit/Update and Delete.

But only select statements work fine,  Update and Delete do not work with database file attached.

Could you suggest any possible solutions to this problem.

Ca răspuns la Mathews Asare

Re: SQL CRUD

de către Richard Lobb-
I'm no database expert but if no one else replies ... the error message refers to a latin1_general_ci collation sequence which is ASCII, case insensitive. But in web contexts you're using a UTF-8 charset. So ... where did your database file come from? Was it perhaps exported from some other database app or built from an SQL file that explicitly specifies the collation sequence?
Ca răspuns la Richard Lobb

de către Mathews Asare-
Thank you very much for your response.
Yes, I exported the database from an SQL app and as far as i know that application uses UTF-8 charset. I would be glad ,if you could share on any idea on how to fix this problem.
Thank you .
Ca răspuns la Mathews Asare

de către Richard Lobb-
I suggest you try manipulating your database directly in sqlite3, without using CodeRunner; I think you'll find that you have the same problems. In which case, this isn't really a CodeRunner-related question.

This link might help? Otherwise, I suggest you either build yourself a new database from scratch rather than importing one. Or post your question on an sqlite forum.