Can CodeRunner run in BrightSpace?

Can CodeRunner run in BrightSpace?

de către Joannes Reyes-
Număr de răspunsuri: 4

Hello. Our institution recently transitioned LMS from Moodle to D2L BrightSpace. I love using CodeRunner with my students when we were using Moodle. I think it is a great tool for students to learn programming. But now that we are transitioning to BrightSpace, I'm not sure if it can run in that LMS. I tried googling it but so far no helpful links came up.

Can CodeRunner also be used in D2L BrightSpace LMS?

Ca răspuns la Joannes Reyes

Re: Can CodeRunner run in BrightSpace?

de către Richard Lobb-
No, sorry. CodeRunner is very specific to Moodle.

de către Mike McDowell-

Our institution runs on Brightspace as well, but I’m hosting a Moodle instance with Coderunner (and Jobe) as VMs on an old dell r620 out of my house. At most we’ll have maybe 100 concurrent users but I’ve had no issues over the year I’ve been running it. You could use Google compute or another alternative just as easily, or host this internally on whatever hardware you may have available. The resource demand is very reasonable 

Transferring grades are done via export/import of the csv grade books at the moment but I’m experimenting with automating this process. 

Coderunner has transformed our comp sci classes (grades 10-12) and I can’t imagine using it only to lose it. 

Good luck!

de către Joannes Reyes-
Thank you for the responses, Richard, Tim, and Mike! I will look into the procedure to have CodeRunner running with BrightSpace in our institution.