I have updated Moodle to version 3.6.2 and I didn't realize that the CodeRunner plugin isn't released yet for that version. I have 3 questions:
- Do you have an idea +/- when you will release a new version of CR compatible with Moodle 3.6.2?
- Will the new version of CR require to upgrade the JOBE server?
- Can the latest version of your code on Github be used safely with Moodle 3.6.2 in the meantime and does it require to update the SQL tables?
Thanks for your help and for a fantastic plugin!
- The current release of CodeRunner (v3.5.3+) should work just fine with Moodle 3.6.2. Certainly we were running it with Moodle 3.6.1 on our production servers until a week ago.
- The new version of CodeRunner (v3.6.0) will be out in a couple weeks and is fully tested with Moodle 3.6.2 on my development system. It works fine with previous versions of the Jobe server with the caveat that the new experimental capability of allowing students to upload attachments with their submissions might, over time, impact the performance and/or disk space of Jobe. The newest Jobe (still in the development branch) provides faster file-cache access when the cache is very large and includes a file-cache cleaner if the Jobe server runs out of disk space. Neither of those issues should be of immediate concern but you should consider upgrading Jobe in due course.
- I'm not sure what version of CodeRunner you're referring to when you ask about the latest version on Github. The version in the Development branch, which is the v3.6.0 release candidate, does update the SQL tables. The version in the master branch (v3.5.3+) last updated the SQL tables in version 3.3.0.