File i/o in python3 questions

Re: File i/o in python3 questions

by Richard Lobb -
Number of replies: 0

Pleased to hear you're finding CodeRunner useful.

Resource limits like timeout and number of processes are all set by customising the question. There's a screen shot showing the settings in this forum discussion:  https://coderunner.org.nz/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=141. If you're going to have many such questions, though, you should define a new question type with the required settings in it; see the documentation on user-defined question types.

No, it's not really necessary any more to make the quiz behaviour adaptive, because CodeRunner now forces that mode regardless of the quiz mode. It didn't used to do that. Additionally you can set each question to hide or display the result table regardless of the mode. But I strongly recommend that if you want authentic assessment you display the result table to the students so they can correct trivial errors (or not correct them if they don't know how). Having made the decision to display the result table (which is the default situation) you can then decide which test cases to show or hide, giving you fine structured control over the feedback. But I think it's more or less essential to at least let students know if their code is correct. Otherwise trivial errors like missing one character in a copy-and-paste operation will result in loss of all marks.