General Feedback does not appear

General Feedback does not appear

by Pierre FACON -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

I'm trying to test the "general feedback" in code runner, but everything i tried never show the message i included in general feedback window.

I'm running Moodle 3.7.3 and CodeRunner 3.7.4.

Here is the main (i think)  part of window concerning my quizz :

properties of quizz form concerning feedback

I create a question, java program, i well set "feedback" to "force show" in Code Runner Question Type, i entered a feedback text as i show here :

Feedback text in the coderunner question

And, finaly, when i preview the question, from quiz editor or from question editor, whatever be runner (adminiustrator or student), i never get the feedback, as i show you here : 

coderunner run, no feedback

Have you any idea ?

I'm new to coderunner, we choosed it for evaluating our students.

Pierre, from Paris, France.

Thanks for everything !

Attachment screen1.png
In reply to Pierre FACON

Re: General Feedback does not appear

by Richard Lobb -

CodeRunner question use adaptive mode behaviour (so students can repeatedly check their answers) and in that mode, General Feedback is not shown until the students have made their final submission of the quiz and are reviewing it. This is the standard Moodle behaviour for that mode - see here - although it does seem in conflict with the setting "Show General Feedback" during attempt.

In reply to Richard Lobb

Re: General Feedback does not appear

by Tim Hunt -
There is a long-standing feature request in the Moodle issue tracker "Display General feedback during the attempt in Adaptive mode" https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-65825

To see the general feedback in the question preview, you can click the 'Submit and finish' button under the question. That simulates what happens when a quiz attempt is submitted.