File import or access in the same quiz

File import or access in the same quiz

por Preeti Thorat -
Número de respuestas: 1

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to create a file in one activity and use it for the other activity in the same quiz?

For example,

I have a quiz named Python Workshop and I created a CodeRunner Question(test_one)  where I ask students to write a python code that creates a random.dat(or any other file format) file that contains a bunch of random numbers. 

And now I want to use the data in random.dat in other activity named  test_two( which is in the same Python Workshop quiz)

Is there a way to do it with the help of CodeRunner?

Kindly help.

En respuesta a Preeti Thorat

Re: File import or access in the same quiz

por Richard Lobb -

The short answer is no, because the Jobe server is stateless, unless you deliberately change it. For example, you could turn on a database or set up a directory with write access to everyone, although I strongly advise against either of those.

The ploy we use if we want to link randomised questions within a quiz is to use one of the fields of the STUDENT variable (see here: https://github.com/trampgeek/moodle-qtype_coderunner#the-twig-student-variable) as a random number seed. For example you might ask the student to write a make_file(username) function that uses the given username as a random number seed and writes a randomised to the current working directory. Then you can ask them to re-use that same function in later questions that require that file.