First of all, thanks for your plugin.
We use it to teach programming at school in C ++, Pascal, Python.
There are still a lot of questions and we need help.
Perhaps these questions arise not only for us, but also for many other teachers. It would be great to add detailed descriptions to the documentation.
1. It is necessary to check the operation of the program on several files (read numbers or lines from the file and process them). We have learned how to check the program on one file.
2. Random input of numbers into the program and checking its work.
The easiest ways to test a program with multiple different input files are:
- Have the program read from standard input and paste the different test data sets into the Input fields of the test cases in the author editing form. When CodeRunner runs questions that have non-empty input, it creates a data file for each of
the input data sets and runs the program multiple times with standard input redirected to each of the data files in turn (equivalent to prog < data.txt at the command line)
- Get the students to read the name of the file to be processed from standard input, upload a set of data files to the Support Files, and in the various test cases set the Input for the test to be the name of one of the data files.
- Get the students to instead write a function that takes the name of the test file as a parameter.