Feedback only of Precheck

Feedback only of Precheck

by Vitor Nogueira -
Number of replies: 8

Dear developers,

can you help in defining the template that presents the results of the Precheck (Examples only) but omits any other information about the remaining  test cases, after Checking?

Best regards,

Vitor Nogueira

In reply to Vitor Nogueira

Re: Feedback only of Precheck

by Vitor Nogueira -

Dear developers,

to further explain: I adopted CodeRunner for the Programming (Python) course in my University. I have several practice quizzes where the students have Precheck  (some use it an an IDE) and Check (where the results of all tests are displayed).

I would like to use similar quizzes for exams, keeping the Precheck "IDE" behaviour but omitting any feedback from Check. Is this possible?

Best regards,

Vitor Nogueira

by Richard Lobb -

The development branch of CodeRunner on github has a new checkbox that allows you to omit the Check button altogether. The adaptive_adapted_for_coderunner plugin has been modified to support this. So that's probably what you want. The code is in release-candidate state, apart from the main md documentation file, which I'm still working on. We're running that version on our own production server, though term doesn't start for another week so it hasn't been heavily thrashed yet. I hope to merge development into master later this month, but I'd be delighted if a few other sites tried running the development branch for a bit before then.

If you want a solution using the current version of code, see this thread but keep in mind that a smart-enough student can re-enable the display of the button and then click it (if they realise it's there and hidden, and they know how to edit the html within the browser and if they're prepared to take the risk of being caught, and ...).

Richard

In reply to Richard Lobb

by Vitor Nogueira -

Dear Richard,

First of all, thank you very much for your answer. I already tested the solution of the suggested thread and have the intended behaviour. 

I would like to help in testing the development branch but, due to the ongoing exams,  we can only do it in March. 

Lastly, thank you for CodeRunner: it's definitely a great help in these "times".

Best regards,

Vitor

by Hongchuan Liu -

I have updated to the development branch of CodeRunner that  has a new checkbox that can omit the Check button. But what I wanted is the visibility of Check button can be controled by quiz, just like Feedback has three options: Set by quiz, Force show, Force hide.

In reply to Hongchuan Liu

by Richard Lobb -

The quiz review options include Specific Feedback, so it's straightforward to use that setting to control the output of the result table when Set by quiz is chosen. It's not quite so clear what Set by quiz would mean in the case of a Check button, because these no review option to set that very specific CodeRunner property. The review options are part of the Moodle quiz engine but CodeRunner is a question-type plugin; it can't alter the set of available review options.

In reply to Richard Lobb

by Hongchuan Liu -

In the formal exam, quiz's Question behaviour is set to deferred feedback and  coderunner question's feedback is set to set by quit. After students click the check button, they will not see the feedback and score, but can see the result: Incorrect or Correct. How to hide this information from students?

Attachment pic.png
In reply to Hongchuan Liu

by Richard Lobb -

If you click the "Hide check" button, there shouldn't be as Check button for students to click, so they shouldn't have any way to see their result. You seemed to be saying that you have installed the latest development version and were using that option, but there's clearly a Check button still showing.

If that checkbox isn't working, I'd guess that you haven't installed the updated version of the adaptive_adapted_for_coderunner plugin, needed to support this enhancement.

In reply to Richard Lobb

by Hongchuan Liu -

I have updated Coderunner successfully as shown in the attachment.

Usually, when students do exercises, quiz's Question behaviour is set to immediate feedback, when students take exams,  quiz's Question behaviour is set to deferrred feedback.

The problems is:

1.I have hundreds of Coderunner question, I have to check and uncheck "Hide check" button one by one alternately for excercises or exams. 

2.If some class do exercises and others take exams by using the same questions, What should I do?

3.You can only update the answer status of coderunner questions by clicking the check button. Unlike other questions, answer status will be upgrated after you click the next page button as shown in the attachment.

Attachment 1.png
Attachment 2.png
Attachment 3.png