I'm pleased to announce that I have just pushed CodeRunner V4.0.0 to github. Changes since V3.7.9+ (October 2020):
- Add a template parameter preprocessing capability that allows uses of languages other than Twig for generating the JSON template parameter set. [Experimental feature. Has potential to overload Jobe server at the start of tests and exams if misused.]
- Separate UI-plugin parameters from template parameters and provide an improved UI that lists all available UI parameters and their meanings for the currently selected UI.
- Update Twig to the latest version (3.1).
- Add QUESTION.stepinfo to the Twig environment. This is a record with attributes
preferredbehaviour, numchecks, numprechecks and fraction allowing authors
to provide more elaborate feedback according to quiz mode and previous submissions.
- Add a macro ___textareaId___ to the HTML-UI that gets replaced by the id of the textarea element that the HTML-UI is operating on.
- Add special __twigprefix__ template parameter that, if defined in a question’s prototype, provides content (e.g. Twig macros) that is inserted at the start of all Twig-expanded question fields.
- Reduce unnecessary calls to the Jobe server to get its list of supported languages when there is only one sandbox available (the usual case nowadays).
- Bug fix: nodejs programs in ESM style were breaking. So change filename extension to .js
- Bug fix: Ace plugin was generating duplicate (and wrong) ids when multiple ace editors were present in a form.
- Bug fix: Ace editor was not being initialised to the correct language with multilanguage questions for which a default language was specified.
- Bug fix: some non-inherited fields were being mistakenly loaded from the prototype when changing question type via Ajax.
- Bug fix: %h formats for columns were being ignored in the “For example” table.
A template parameter preprocessing capability is a function I've always wanted.