Graph UI

Graph UI

by Thomas Goerttler -
Number of replies: 2

Hey,

I would like to use the Graph UI to build some "logic gates" exercises.
Is it somehow possible to make the nodes not be a circle but change it to rectangle (maybe with global extra).

Thanks a lot.

Thomas

In reply to Thomas Goerttler

Re: Graph UI

by Richard Lobb -

Hi Thomas

I've had quite a few requests to enhance the Graph UI in various ways, including this. I have put a bit of thought into it but it's not as trivial as you might think. Quite a bit of the code depends on nodes being circles . Also such a change opens a can of worms. Some people want other shapes, or a mix of node shapes and sizes, plus different arrow types, font sizes etc. Then there needs to be a menu to select various options and it rapidly gets totally out of hand. So I'm afraid for now you're stuck with the state-diagram model of a graph. There really needs to be a whole new UI plugin that handles generic drawings, but I don't have the time or need for it myself. If someone else wants to write such a plugin, that would be great.

Richard

In reply to Richard Lobb

Re: Graph UI

by Thomas Goerttler -

Hey Richard,

Thanks for your quick response.
It is also helpful to know that I do not have to continue searching for it.

Unfortunately, my time is also quite limited, and I do not have admin access to our moodle, our the right to claim that some JS-files have to be uploaded somewhere.
In case I still come up with cool solution by myself, I will post it here.

Best
Thomas