Question Authors' Forum

Hiding green/red notification of correctness

Hiding green/red notification of correctness

by Carroll Morgan -
Number of replies: 2

I'm intending to run custom quizzes where collaboration is a risk, and so I will be controlling how much information is returned to students by pre-check, by check and by submit. (See "Passing information over a CHECK" below.)

In particular, an "all green" result would so-to-speak give the game away, because that student could pass guaranteed-correct answers to others who are still at work..

Can I prevent the green indication (caused I think by fraction=1.0)? A hack would be to cap fraction at say .99, and adjust externally the mark. But I would rather a cleaner way.

Thanks for your advice!

In reply to Carroll Morgan

Re: Hiding green/red notification of correctness

by Carroll Morgan -
Answer: Set "showresultsonly" to true. Then the background is grey, but the prologue and epilogue still appear (which is what I need). So consider this "answered" please, unless I am mistaken above.

BTW I had a test run just now with our local (UNSW) people of Richard's error-reporting patch that fixes the exception-reporting problem I was having earlier (where every error in the grading process simply said effectively "error"). It's now (in the UNSW testbed) giving more detailed error reports. Thanks for that! It will go live here next time they update Moodle.
In reply to Carroll Morgan

Re: Hiding green/red notification of correctness

by Richard Lobb -
Ah, good. I was going to suggest "showresultsonly" - you saved me some typing and discussion. And good to know that the fix to the combinator-grader error worked, too. FYI: the latest version of CodeRunner now includes your suggested "graderstate" functionality.