Undefined class constant 'GIVEUP_ALWAYS'

Undefined class constant 'GIVEUP_ALWAYS'

von Carroll Morgan -
Anzahl Antworten: 5

I now get this error when previewing a CodeRunner question that (I believe) was working a month or so (maybe two months) ago.

Any idea what might be causing it?

Thanks

Als Antwort auf Carroll Morgan

Re: Undefined class constant 'GIVEUP_ALWAYS'

von Tim Hunt -
Is it possible that you upgraded the question type plugin (qtype_coderunner) without also updating the question behaviour plugins that is also required (qbehaviour_adaptive_adapted_to_coderunner)?
Als Antwort auf Carroll Morgan

von Tim Lock -
Also worthing nothing, we are seeing the reverse problem, qbehaviour_adaptive_adapted_to_coderunner updated to 1.41 but coderunner not updated 4.1.1.

Coderunner plugin needs a dependency against qbehaviour_adaptive_adapted_to_coderunner for the constants class usage to resolve this issue.
Als Antwort auf Tim Lock

von Carroll Morgan -
Thank you Tim and Tim.

It took a day or so to look in to it because I am not the Moodle/CR hoster, and I had to contact those who were. And they in turn had to "escalate". But I think your suggestions were right on the money (I passed them on to the IT guys), and it is now fixed.

Thank you.
Als Antwort auf Tim Lock

von Richard Lobb -
There is already a dependency from coderunner to the required version of qbehaviour_adaptive_adapted_to_coderunner. The problem appears to be in the opposite direction. I'm not sure if the Moodle plugin-manager handles a cyclic dependency in the version.php files of two inter-dependent plugins, although I would hope it does - Tim, can you confirm, please?
Als Antwort auf Richard Lobb

von Tim Hunt -

Cyclic dependency is handled fine.

However, we have a choice: either declare the current cyclic dependency, or move stuff around so that the dependency can remain one-way - but I suspect it is naïve to think that would really be true, even if all the code references pointed one way.