Changing Question Text/Test Cases during a Quiz

Changing Question Text/Test Cases during a Quiz

by Kenneth Johnson -
Number of replies: 6
Hi CodeRunner Community

Is there a way to update the text/test cases of a Code question after there have been multiple attempts by students?

I recall that the student could refresh the question(by re-loading the webpage) after the Instructor fixes an error.

This seems to have been removed in a subsequent re-install of Code Runner.

This would of course impact grading etc, but it was helpful to change questions when the students detected an error instead of forcing a re-attempt of a quiz.

Best regards

Ken
In reply to Kenneth Johnson

Re: Changing Question Text/Test Cases during a Quiz

by Richard Lobb -
The issues you're having are due to the new question-versioning system in Moodle - they affect all questions, not just CodeRunner questions.

If you've edited a question and want students to see it you can regrade the affected quiz. However, this does take a long time with large classes, since all coderunner questions in the quiz need to be regraded. We are experimenting with a way of massively speeding up this process by caching Jobe server runs - stay tuned.
In reply to Richard Lobb

by Tim Hunt -
The other thing that will help is this development we are working on at the OU: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-79546

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Kenneth Johnson -

Thank you Tim! When will this fix be ready?

In reply to Kenneth Johnson

by Tim Hunt -
With a fair wind, in Moodle 4.4 (released in a month or so). Otherwise, Moodle 4.5 (6 months later).
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Richard Lobb -

That's exciting. It will be a big help. I look forward to it.

In reply to Richard Lobb

by Kenneth Johnson -

Thank you -- This is what I am attempting now... but it is slow as you said