CodeRunner version 3.5.0 has just been pushed to github and the Moodle question repository.
Changes from 3.4.0:
- Implement Moodle privacy API for GDPR compatibility. This involves simply implementing the "null provider" class, essentially declaring that CodeRunner does not record any personal data about users.
- Refactoring to allow repair of questions with missing prototypes via the usual author editing form. Plus improved error messages in questions that use such broken prototypes.
- Addition of an experimental TableUI user interface plugin that presents students with a table to fill in rather than a single text area. This supports a new experimental python3_testing question, where the student must supply a set of tests, given a specification.
- Improve error messages if a UI plugin doesn't load in time (usually the Ace editor).
- Add an experimental administrator script that deletes entire empty question category subtrees.
- Use language strings to document built-in questions rather than the question text to enable translation via AMOS.
- Reduce time for which the GraphUI displays the serialised answer during question submission.
- Various documentation tweaks.
- Allow submission of questions with no test cases (e.g. when template does all the testing).
- Miscellaneous bug fixes including:
- Questions with missing prototypes were breaking the display of the list of all questions in a quiz in Moodle 3.5.
- Bug in skool-is-kool take 2 sample question.
- Column header in the 'For example' table did not use a proper language string, so not subject to translation.
- Author editing form Ace editor panels were too narrow in Moodle 3.5 with Clean theme (and probably other non-Boost themes)
- Prototypes for java-method, octave-function, python2 and python3 questions were all broken on Windows-based Moodle servers.
- Some combinator template graders were failing with PHP 7.2.