Jobe server request failed. One or more of the specified files is missing/unavailable

Jobe server request failed. One or more of the specified files is missing/unavailable

by Robert Mařík -
Number of replies: 5

Hello, 

I have problems with jobe server.  If I run a question with files attached, I get an error. The same is of the questions makes use of template with files, such as python3_stage1 questions or python3_cosc121.

These questions worked fine for several months. Then I did some cleaning on the server, updated jobe and coderunner and as a result I have the problems described here.

In the jobe log I can see: DEBUG - 2023-09-12 13:12:16 --> *jobe* runs_post: file(s) not found

No errors in appache log. Do you have any idea, how to find out the source of the problem? Python3 problems and other without files attached are OK. The php configuration has not been changed (IMO).

file_uploads = On
upload_max_filesize = 2M
max_file_uploads = 20

Thank you for any suggestion.

Robert

In reply to Robert Mařík

Re: Jobe server request failed. One or more of the specified files is missing/unavailable

by Robert Mařík -
Trying to focus the problem, I tried "python3 testsubmit.py --host='localhost'" on the server. The tests run fine, but if I replace the localhost by the name of the server, I get "301 Moved Permanently".
In reply to Robert Mařík

Re: Jobe server request failed. One or more of the specified files is missing/unavailable

by Robert Mařík -

OK, I succeeded to solve the problem. It was necessary to add https to the address of the jobe server.

R.

In reply to Robert Mařík

by Richard Lobb -
Aha - you solved it while I was typing. Good to hear.
In reply to Richard Lobb

by Robert Mařík -
Thank you anyway.
In reply to Robert Mařík

by Richard Lobb -
Well done on running testsubmit.py - I was just about to suggest that :)

A couple of questions first, to confirm/clarify:

1. Questions that *don't* use attached files, are working OK?
2. When you run testsubmit.py, do all tests fail? For example, can it get the languages? Do questions without attached files work OK?

This sounds more like a network configuration problem rather than the configuration of either Moodle or Jobe itself. I'm no network guru, but a 301 response sounds like it might have come from a proxy server sitting between the Moodle server and Jobe. It that possible?

Jobe uses a REST protocol in which file uploads are handled by HTTP PUT requests. If questions without attachments work, that gives more weight to the theory that there's a proxy server getting in the way, allowing POSTs and GETs but disallowing PUTs.

I read that 301s are also produced if an HTTP request (which is what Jobe expects) gets redirected to an HTTPS request. Is there a reverse proxy sitting in front of the Jobe server? If so, you'd need to change the Jobe URL to HTTPS rather than HTTP. However, if that were the case I'd have thought that all Jobe requests would fail, not just PUTs.