The new Scratcpad Error

by yang ningyu -
Number of replies: 5

Ask for help, thank you very much!

I downloaded the following questions from the website(CodeRunner

In reply to yang ningyu

Re: The new Scratcpad Error

by Richard Lobb -
I don't know what has gone wrong there. I just downloaded the xml for that question (I assume you followed the link given in the question on coderunner.org.nz?) and it works for me.

Some questions for you, please:
  1. How recently did you download the xml file for this question? I updated some of the xmls a few weeks ago. If it's not a recent download, please try again.
  2. Is the question on coderunner.org.nz working correctly for you in the same browser?
  3. Is this a hard error that always fails like that when you click Run, or is it intermittent?
  4. Are other example questions from that demonstration page working OK for you, or are they all broken? If only some are broken, which ones?
  5. [If you have administrator rights ...] if you temporarily switch the Jobe server back to the default jobe2.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz (with its default API key), does it still fail like that?
In reply to Richard Lobb

by yang ningyu -

Richard Lobb, thank you so much for your help. I tested as you suggested:

1. I downloaded the latest version of the Question XML file

2.yes    

3.yes 

4. scratchpad_matplotlib.xml is the same problem 

5. Modified the server, same prompt.

@Richard Lobb,My moodle version is Moodle 4.0.10+ ,The "check" of both questions passes, but the "run" always prompts this error. I used Edge browser and Google Chrome. Looking forward to your help!

Also, the "Switching to the Scratchpad" issue runs "run" without any problems.

In reply to yang ningyu

by yang ningyu -

Hello Richard Lobb, I found a critical issue but was unable to delete the original post. 

"Jobe server to use for web services" works fine if you set it to "jobe2.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz", but if you change it to your own server, the above error appears. Please help me, does it have something to do with the jobe server?

In reply to yang ningyu

by James Napier -
Hi,

That is very strange indeed!

I've attached new versions of these questions that force utf-8 encoding. Could  you please try them and see if they work?

Also, which version of Python 3 are you using on Jobe? (Does it support f-strings?)

Thanks,
James
In reply to James Napier

by yang ningyu -
Thank you very much, I have a problem with the jobe server. Re-installed the jobe server in docker mode and the problem was solved.Thanks again!