Latest Python Version?

Latest Python Version?

by Cormac Mac Giolla Éain -
Number of replies: 2

Hi

My apologies if this question has already been asked and answered, but I've searched the forums and have been unable to find the answer.

What is the latest Python version supported by CodeRunner (i.e. for Python questions)? I see in the forum (https://coderunner.org.nz/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=572) that Python 3.9.2 was supported in December 2022. Is there anything to prevent CodeRunner from using the most up-to-date Python version release (e.g. 3.12 as of today, 1st December 2023)?

Finally, am I correct in thinking that this needs to be installed in the Jobe server? I don't have admin access to Moodle or the Jobe server, so I'd like to approach the sysadmin armed with all the information I can provide.

Thanks in advance,

Cormac

In reply to Cormac Mac Giolla Éain

Re: Latest Python Version?

by Richard Lobb -
CodeRunner itself knows nothing about Python3 versions. It just sends off a job to the Jobe server with the language 'python3' specified. So you get whatever Python3 version is installed on your Jobe server. Which in turn usually just depends on what version of Linux Jobe is using, unless you build a specific python verson for it.
In reply to Richard Lobb

Re: Latest Python Version?

by Cormac Mac Giolla Éain -
Hi Richard

Thanks very much for explaining that. It means I can request that a newer version of Python be installed without fear of it affecting how CodeRunner works (assuming, as you pointed out, that the Jobe server can support it).

Thanks and regards
Cormac